Thursday, December 8, 2011

Vacation {Fall 2011} Part 1

Well, the sunshine and warm weather seems lightyears away now, but just a couple weeks ago, we headed down south to visit family over the Thanksgiving holiday. Our first stop was Alabama. I love that Logan is old enough to remember people now, so when we arrive, he excitedly greets everyone because he remembers that he loves them. I love that on Saturdays, we get to go to "the sale" and just shop around. We picked up a tee-ball glove for Logan. Almost new. $1. While we were there, Papa got a call from Associated Foods that he had won a four wheeler. They headed to the store to pick it up and came home with this...

....perfect size for Logan. I grabbed my camera and excitedly waited to take pictures. I remember Uncle Darrell saying, "Here's the brakes...." and that's when I got worried. Little boy has no idea what "brakes" are. My heart sank. Off he went. Really fast. The next picture is of everyone running after him. Uncle Darrell grabbed him right before the thing tipped over.



Then they found something safer to play in, and I stopped having a heart attack! I love this picture of Uncle Darrell and Logan checking out the pile of pine straw. I imagine him saying, "Do you think you can make it, Logan." Logan says, "Oh, yeah!"




I love simple country pleasures. Pine straw. Who knew?












I always feel like I take a ton of pictures and then when we leave, I think, "Oh man, I didn't get a picture of _____." But this picture of Logan teaching Nanny how to use the iPad. Priceless.
And Logan was so happy to show off his new dinosaur to Papa. It was a long trip that first day. When we were just a couple hours away, we stopped at Cracker Barrel. We spent way too much money on this dinosaur because we thought that it would keep Logan happy until we arrived (we were all very tired by this point of the evening..). Anyways, they had that stupid thing so secured in the box, we couldn't get it separated without a screw driver, which really upset Logan and made the whole trip that much worse! Once we got to Nanny and Papa's, taking that thing out of the box was one of the first things we did!


Next stop, Florida!

















No comments: