Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Adopted

I never want the fact that Logan was adopted to be some kind of big "reveal" in our relationship, so I incorporate it into conversations. For instance, today I told him, "Santa Claus isn't real and you're adopted." One time when I told him he was adopted, he replied, "no I'm not! You're adopted!" he doesn't even know what it means!

Tonight, while we were brushing our teeth before bedtime, he said, " mommy, I'm a sweet boy. Why am I adopted?" Seriously. He said that. So, I said, "I love you so much, that's why you were adopted!" later, he said to me, "mommy, I love you. You are adopted." I said, " yes, you adopted me, didn't you?" I guess when you think about it, he did adopt me as his mommy even though he doesn't understand what that means and really didn't have a choice in the matter.

There are no rule books for these types of conversations. All I know is I love this little boy with all my heart and it just so happens that he was adopted. No big deal :)

No comments: