Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day!

Today, I had to work. Can you believe that?! Anyways, I'm glad it's over. Fortunately, I'm not one of those people who put a lot of pressure on days like, "THIS is Mother's Day....you must celebrate ME!" (Oh, who am I kidding, we celebrate whole weeks when it's our birthday.) And I love to be pampered and appreciated on Mother's Day, but I'm happy to be Logan's mother everyday and that's what is important. I didn't spend much time with my little boy today, but he knows I love him and I know he loves me. And we don't necessarily have to be together to get that, but being together is so nice, isn't it?

Logan and his daddy did go all-out for me this year. I received diamond earrings and chocolates and this flower bouquet! Normally, when Zeb sends me flowers at work, he ruins the surprise by dropping hints. He didn't let-on AT ALL that he was sending me flowers. What a great way to end my work-week!

Okay, seriously, I love this boy. I don't know how else to say it. He continues to amaze me every single day. He is so smart and curious and funny and adorable...I could go on and on! I am so thankful to God that I am Logan's mother. Talk about feeling blessed....how can anyone doubt that it was God who brought this precious little one into our lives? To think that he grew in someone else's tummy and she picked US to be his parents just takes my breath away everytime I think about it. I think about Logan's birthmom almost every day, but even more so around this time of year. I wonder if she knows how much I love her. I wonder if she knows that her decision (however painful it was for her, and I completely appreciate that it was a painful decision), made our life complete. I know that anyone who reads this blog does so because you're interested in our life, so if you would, after you read this, please take a moment to say a prayer for Logan's birthmother and pray that she is blessed and happy and that she can feel the love that we have for her. I feel such a strong connection to her, even though we've never met, and I just want her to feel the "THANK YOU's" that I send from my heart to hers every single day!


Being Logan's mother is the single most amazing blessing I've ever had in my life. It's strange that with this great responsibility comes the greatest joy. I could babble on and on and still not fully express how much I love him. So there, I LOVE him. Big time.


This is what he made for me in Sunday School. See that little hand reaching for it? Did I mention I love him?








1 comment:

Matt and Abby said...

I need to see the diamond earrings!!
Happy Mother's Day, sorry you had to work:(