Saturday, October 24, 2009

OH NO!


Well, my cover has been blown thanks to the doctor. You see, ever since I was sick last week, mommy would hold me while I sleep and if she would put me down, I would just cry. If she put milk in my sippy cup but I wanted something else, I would scream and scream. If they tried to feed me from that silly baby spoon, I would scream again, and cry, like they were feeding me nails or something crazy like that.

Mommy and daddy were very worried. Before last week, I was a pretty good baby. I would just go with the flow and generally enjoyed life. But after being sick, I figured out that it is fun when mommy and daddy hold me all the time and I really didn't like walking that much anyways. I much prefer pancakes to everything else in the world, so if I screamed, and acted like everything hurt my throat, mommy and daddy would be so worried about me, and they just wanted me to eat, so they would make me pancakes and put a little bit of syrup on them -- yummy.

Everything was going great until we went to the doctor this morning. The doctor looked at my ears (because, just for effect, I've been pulling at my ears this week and putting my hands on the back of my head when I scream). He also looked at my throat, since I acted like simply drinking milk was excruiating. Turns out, everything looks perfect. There isn't really anything wrong with me. I knew that, but now, mom and dad know it, too.

Guess it's going to be a rough day for me. The doctor says that since everything looks okay, I'm probably just going through a "stage," and I'll grow out of it, but only if they don't give into my demands.

Since they figured it out, I decided to nap like a good boy, just like I did before I got sick, and I also ate lunch with no problem. I cried a little when I drank my milk, but when they ignored me, I figured that there's no point in continuing this little game.

It was fun while it lasted, but now, I must learn to deal with my emotions and learn how to communicate rather than cry and scream. I think I liked just being a baby!

5 comments:

Matt and Abby said...

Oh No! That is hilarious!! Kids just know how to work over their parents huh?!

Wendy said...

Cute post! Glad he's feeling better! That must have been so scary when he had that high fever.

I didn't get to comment on your posting below...your dress for the wedding was so pretty. You looked great!

Anonymous said...

Mom and Dad
I would never do those things you are accusing me of. I am just a little boy not feeling good.. so I do things that causes you to do things. I cant control what you do..
Ok I was sick for a couple /three days and I maybe carried it a little far but heck I'm just a little boy

Anonymous said...

PS I'll do better next time, I'm still learning what I can get away with

icejan said...

Glad to know Logan is better and hope mom and dad are too! I remember the days of croup and how helpless you feel. Hang in there.