Because it is widely known that the doctors have told us we cannot have biological children, we often get comments from people who think that we will be upset because they or someone else we know is having a baby.
I do not understand this. I am not jealous when I find out that someone else is pregnant, nor am I jealous when someone else adopts a baby. As a matter of fact, it makes me excited and more anxious than ever to get our baby! I do understand that some people get jealous when they are trying to conceive with no results, but why would I want someone else NOT to have a baby? Would I seriously wish that all reproduction would stop until we have our baby?
Don't get me wrong, there are days when I wonder why we are waiting so long or when we will actually get "the call." There are days when I wonder if we have chosen the path that God would have us choose or if we should go another route. There are days when I wonder why young, unmarried girls who cannot support children emotionally and/or financially seem to have no trouble getting pregnant. But a lot of things in this world don't make sense.
I don't know if other infertile couples feel this way or not. As I mentioned in my previous post, we're having trouble connecting with other infertile couples and/or couples waiting to adopt domestically. Whether or not other people wish loss on other prospective parents, we certainly do not!
No comments:
Post a Comment