Monday, June 30, 2008

How to Choose??

Prior to beginning the adoption process, we researched several organizations within Indiana with which to work. For the most part, we have been happy with our organization's help, but waiting 18 months + is starting to get to us. So today, I started investigating other possible alternatives. I talked to one agency in Texas and was very impressed with what I was told. We are torn. Working with another agency doesn't mean that we have to be taken off the waiting list at our current agency. However, with each agency, there is an application fee required at minimum and several agencies require several thousand dollars just to get your name on the waiting list. We certainly do not have that kind of money. We will probably narrow our search down to one or two more places to put our names on their list. I want to be sure to have ALL of my facts before we jump into anything.

Thanks to everyone who has commented on previous posts. We appreciate everyone's help and prayers. We've been making new friends who understand our situation. It's amazing how God brings people together, isn't it?

1 comment:

Nicole Jewell said...

Hi Amy & Zeb~ Thanks so much for sharing your blog. I just got the email today because I have not read my personal home emails in a while. I enjoyed reading through this and always pray for you and Zeb. I know that the Lord will bless you with a baby when the time is right. Waiting is the hard part....but it will all be worth it. I look forward to keeping up with your blog and those Kardashians don't have nothing on ya!!!!