Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring Break: Day 1

What you can't see in this picture is the fact that he had m&ms all over his face.  He's drinking a Mt. Dew.  And holding a tennis (?) racket.  This is how we roll for spring break.

I'm pretty sure he has no idea what spring break means, but he was so excited about it.  He was excited that he didn't have to go to school and excited that YESTERDAY, HE TURNED 5 1/2. 

This morning, he woke up earlier than he would on a school day and said, "Mom, it's spring break.  We can sleep in!"  And then he said, "We can snuggle."  But I had to go to work.  I know that some day, spring break will mean breaking away from mom and dad for a week, but for now, I appreciate the snuggles.  For the record, even though I did have to go to work, I managed to sneak in a few seconds of snuggles.

He spent the day at our house with Ol' Ma.  I wanted to get a picture of them together, but I forgot.  Today he told her "I will always love you."  Or something like that. It was sweet.  I love seeing the two of them together. 

I am off work the rest of the week.  And to say I'm excited would be the understatement of the century.  I'm ready to spend a few days with my boy. 

No comments: